Ok, here is first small report for the first small step. To remind â€“ the target goal is start an open source tool to import files into Documentum repository.
The first stage include planning of future features and develop initial program architecture.
I plan the following list of features which are necessary for the first stage(the first stage this is stage when project ready to became a public available open source).
- Import from the local PC file system with the following manipulations
- Recreate folder structure
- Import documents in plan structure(without folders)
- Import entire folder as a solid ZIP file
- Convert folder structure as a Documentum Virtual Documents
- Convert TIFF(maybe other) images into PDF format
- Convert plain text into PDF documents
- Split multi page TIFF documents into separate documents
- Unpack compressed documents and import them as folder structure
- Import should be multi threaded get benefit from modern multi core CPU
After all above features are ready I have in mind many other features, but this will be in future.
During 2 weeks which pass from the start the following things were done:
- Implemented a general application skeleton
- Created initial GUI forms stubs
- Refactoring docbase tree component to be suitable for current application
And also, I think out the name, but this will be a secret
Below several ready screens